Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Baby's Smile

My baby Emmett smiled for the first time the other day. I don't think anything can make you happier than a baby's smile. It just warms your heart, which sounds really corny but it's true.

It made me think about what I want for my kids as they grow up.
  • Happiness
  • Love
  • A career that makes them fulfilled
  • Babies, I know it's selfish but I want grandchildren!

I really think that's it. It's a pretty short list. I wonder what my mother wanted for me when I was growing up. She never put a lot of pressure on me to excel, sometimes I wish she had. I think she believed that if she just gave me love and support I would follow my own path and turn out just fine. I guess it worked. I'm not sure if I'll do the same thing; I think I'd rather pressure my kids just a little bit.

I'll be in touch,

Misty Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment